Saturday 10 October 2009

Views from a roof

' I keep telling her she has the best view in London'
Just words, justification for disorder,
What I see is different,
What I see is beauty,
Shining, glistening in the sunlight,
It's reflection in the puddles left from the overnight rain.

It's metal blades casting a shadow in the midday sun,
A haze in the distance obscuring the landmarks.

What I see isn't materialistic or shallow,
not a status symbol.
What I see is life, cutting edge, vivid, stark, sometimes horrific images,
What I see is a different view everyday.

How am I supposed to be feeling?
lucky? grateful?
What I feel is pride and privilege,
What I feel is different, an opposing view,
a different vision.

I do have the best view in London,
I do have the best view of this strange yet magical world,
- but not because she says I should.

June 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment